This project is read-only.

Localization & Customization problems

Mar 10, 2010 at 8:34 AM
Edited Mar 10, 2010 at 8:49 AM

Hi

First, thanks for your great control and your valueable time for developing it.

1. Setting RibbonWindow's FlowDirection to RightToLeft, will result in shifting everything on the window (even the window icon) to the left side by about 10 pixels and a black area on the right side of the window. Plus resizing grips (the borders) of the window will act strange.

2. Setting Ribbon's FlowDirection to RightToLeft and RibbonWindow's To LeftToRight, will result in the headers of the TabItems in the backstage tab to flipped horizontally when clicked.

3. Setting RibbonWindow's FlowDirection to RightToLeft and Ribbon's IsMinimized to True, will result in opening tabs to the right side of the window!

4. Why didn't you put a content control on the backstage tab, so you can put other elements in it, just like the way RibbonTabItems have header property.

5. How can we customize texts like "Minimize Ribbon" on the context menus to our preffered language, or sometimes just remove the context menus.

6. How can we remove QuickAccessToolbar section. (Cause i want to use the ribbon as a inner menu on the window, not on the main window of the application)

you can see some of the above issues, in following example. Try click on Home tab mulltiple times to see it's different reactions after each click!

<Fluent:RibbonWindow x:Class="Fluent.Sample.Foundation.Window"
    xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"
    xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"
    xmlns:Fluent="clr-namespace:Fluent;assembly=Fluent"
    Title="Fluent.Sample.Foundation" Width="500" Height="403" Background="#FFEBEDF0" FlowDirection="RightToLeft">
    <Grid>
        <Fluent:Ribbon  FlowDirection="RightToLeft" IsMinimized="True">
          <!--Contextual Tab Groups-->
          <Fluent:Ribbon.ContextualGroups>
            <Fluent:RibbonContextualTabGroup Header="Tools" Visibility="Visible" x:Name="toolsGroup" Background="Purple" BorderBrush="Purple" />
          </Fluent:Ribbon.ContextualGroups>

<!--Tabs-->
          <Fluent:RibbonTabItem Header="Home" IsSelected="True">
                    <Fluent:RibbonGroupBox Header="Group">
              <Fluent:Button Name="buttonGreen" Text="Green" Icon="Images\Green.png" LargeIcon="Images\GreenLarge.png" />
              <Fluent:Button Name="buttonGray" Text="Grey" Icon="Images\Gray.png" LargeIcon="Images\GrayLarge.png" />
            </Fluent:RibbonGroupBox>
          </Fluent:RibbonTabItem>

<!--Contextual Tabs-->
          <Fluent:RibbonTabItem Header="Contextual Tab" Group="{Binding ElementName=toolsGroup}"/>

<!--Backstage Items-->
          <Fluent:Ribbon.BackstageItems>
            <Fluent:BackstageTabItem Text="New"/>
            <Fluent:BackstageTabItem Text="Print"/>
            <Fluent:Button Text="Blue" Icon="Images\Blue.png"/>
          </Fluent:Ribbon.BackstageItems>
        </Fluent:Ribbon>
    </Grid>
</Fluent:RibbonWindow>

By the way sorry for my bad english, and thanks for you concerns.

Best regards, Hosein.

Mar 11, 2010 at 8:32 AM

Hello. Let me thank you for your feedback, Hosein.

1,2,3) I have created issue for RightToLeft bugs #16710 (http://fluent.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=16710)

4) Yes, it doesn't seem to be good design. Why are you need header?

5) We plan to localize Fluent Ribbon Control Suite.

6) Do you want to remove QAT or whole ribbon title bar?

Daniel

Mar 11, 2010 at 10:41 AM

Hi,

4. Why i need header? I don't know. Let me ask you why did you put a content presenter behind the header property of the tabs?! May be i need it to create a little bit complex of elements than just to put a text there, like a stack panel that contains a path or an image and a textblock.

6. I think removing the ribbon title bar (not only the title text) is impossible, cause then we can not create contextual tabs. So i think just removing QAT is sufficient.

Again, thanks for your time and concern.

Hosein.

Mar 11, 2010 at 10:55 AM

Ok, we will investigate it.
By the way, can you printscreen and send me screenshots of Office 2010 or 2007 or(and) Window7 scenic ribbon with RightToLeft (to daVinci@mail.ru)

Daniel

Mar 13, 2010 at 8:07 AM
Edited Mar 13, 2010 at 9:36 AM

Hi Daniel,

I really appreciate the way and how fast you guys work on this project.

1. Some of the ribbon controls does not inherit font related properties (FontFamily, FontSize etc.) from their parent control. Like ribbon tabs from ribbon, buttons from groups, etc.

2. The tool tips does not shown in right place, when in RTL mode.

3. Launcher buttons won't be flipped horizontally in RTL mode.

4. Separation lines that are between tabs in contextual groups are drawing fine everywhere, except between first tab & second tab in every contextual group.

Thanks again, Hosein.

Mar 15, 2010 at 6:49 AM

Hello, Hosein.
Thanks again for your feedback.

1) There are controls which have fixed properties defined in style.
2,3)  I have been added to issue tracker these bugs.
4) Can you add this bug to issue tracker with screenshot?

Daniel