This project is read-only.

Problems with VS2010/Windows Server 2008 R2

Apr 30, 2010 at 7:34 AM

I'm running VS2010 on a Windows Server 2008 R2, and i have problem with Fluent. The code compiles, but the editor underlines all Fluent-tags in the xaml. The designer won't work at all. Both the .Net3.5 and .Net4.0-samples gives the same result. The code compiles, but a lot of errors are displayed after the compile:

Error 1 Unable to load the metadata for assembly 'Fluent'. This assembly may have been downloaded from the web.  See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=179545.  The following error was encountered during load: Could not load file or assembly 'Fluent, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3e436e32a8c5546f' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. U:\Downloads\Fluent Ribbon Control Suite 1.2\Fluent Ribbon Control Suite 1.2\.NET 3.5\Samples\Mvvm\Window.xaml 1 1 Fluent.Sample.Mvvm

Error 2 The type 'Fluent:RibbonWindow' was not found. Verify that you are not missing an assembly reference and that all referenced assemblies have been built. U:\Downloads\Fluent Ribbon Control Suite 1.2\Fluent Ribbon Control Suite 1.2\.NET 4\Samples\Mvvm\Window.xaml 1 2 Fluent.Sample.Mvvm

Screenshot: 

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/2339/fluenterror.png

The .Net3.5-samples workin VS2008 in Windows Server 2008 R2, but the designer won't work, the following exception is thrown:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.  

at Fluent.RibbonGroupBox.MeasureOverride(Size constraint) in C:\Users\Sergey\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Fluent-net35\Fluent\RibbonGroupBox.cs:line 819  

at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.MeasureCore(Size availableSize)   at System.Windows.UIElement.Measure(Size availableSize)

... (> 100 more lines)

Apr 30, 2010 at 2:59 PM

Hello again.

After some further investigation I've concluded that it isn't a Fluent-specific problem. The problem is that the project-files are stored on a network-folder, and Visual studio doesn't seem to like that fact.