This project is read-only.

Hiding the application menu and Quick access toolbar?

May 3, 2010 at 11:05 PM
Edited May 3, 2010 at 11:06 PM

Hi

Can I use the Fluent API with some modifications like hiding the application menu and the quick access toolbar in my commercial application?

I was trying that with the WPF ribbon but the office UI licensing doesn't allows that. Is that true for Fluent too?

Thanks

Shashi

May 6, 2010 at 10:37 AM

In my opinion, if you agree with Microsoft Fluent(tm) UI License, you must comply with the official guidelines, so in this case you can not hide QAT for example.
Daniel

Aug 9, 2010 at 12:58 AM

Hey,

I have a problem with that too. Since Fluent UI License is targeting Office 2007 ribbon and the one in Microsoft.Windows.Controls.Ribbon namespace (downloaded from office.ui), does the same license apply to the one in codeplex ribbon ? (Fluent.Ribbon namespace)

And, Microsoft Fluent UI License says that, any one who uses the ribbon library, MUST implement Application button. The new 2010 version got no such thing. It's got the backstage. How does the license apply for this ? Can we remove backstage ? (seems like cannot do that with Fluent.Ribbon though)

If I'm following the license, should I have application button or a backstage ?

Is there a new version of Fluent UI license that applies for the changed controls ?

found this one here. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff799534.aspx

It seems like the latest one (for me). And also has a license agreement (shows up when installing the msi package)

However it doesn't have a Backstage.

Can anyone help me with these questions ?

thanks,

Madushan

Aug 9, 2010 at 12:58 AM

Hey,

I have a problem with that too. Since Fluent UI License is targeting Office 2007 ribbon and the one in Microsoft.Windows.Controls.Ribbon namespace (downloaded from office.ui), does the same license apply to the one in codeplex ribbon ? (Fluent.Ribbon namespace)

And, Microsoft Fluent UI License says that, any one who uses the ribbon library, MUST implement Application button. The new 2010 version got no such thing. It's got the backstage. How does the license apply for this ? Can we remove backstage ? (seems like cannot do that with Fluent.Ribbon though)

If I'm following the license, should I have application button or a backstage ?

Is there a new version of Fluent UI license that applies for the changed controls ?

found this one here. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff799534.aspx

It seems like the latest one (for me). And also has a license agreement (shows up when installing the msi package)

However it doesn't have a Backstage.

Can anyone help me with these questions ?

thanks,

Madushan

Aug 9, 2010 at 7:54 AM

Hello, Madushan.

I think the new version of the Fluent UI license will be released soon by Microsoft. However v2 of the Fluent Ribbon Control Suite will support Application Button & Backstage (and you will be able remove this button)

Daniel

Aug 9, 2010 at 11:43 AM

Thank you very much for the reply Daniel.

What is the policy on codeplex Fluent library ?

Does the consumers of codeplex library still need to be compliant with Microsoft Fluent UI license or can they use it what ever they think good ? For example, can I use the codeplex Ribbon and not implement the QAT ?

Madushan