This project is read-only.

Asking devs - roadmap/priorities/planned features?

May 12, 2010 at 4:31 PM

Hello guys

You've done a good implementation of Ribbon. It's looking nice and (often) working like a charm...

I'd like to ask about what are your next plans/roadmap? What are priorities for next releases? Some kind of "planned features" can make adoption broader & will make people looking at this project more confident in their choice.

We started to migrate our project to FluentRibbon but where hit in the middle of porting because of few issues with composition of ribbon in runtime. For example Item # 17587. We still undecided on what we should do next: take the code & try to fix issues (and hope that a patch will be accepted), wait for a fix from contributors/maintainers or look somewhere else for a solution that will fit our needs.

Would you accept "serious" patches with features added or you have some policies/rules for contributions?

You have started this project with your own ideas and requirements. But if you're don't mind a broader adoption you can let the community participate and drive (in some degree) priorities and features...

Cheers!

May 12, 2010 at 6:37 PM

Let me begin by thanking you for using Fluent Ribbon Control Suite and positive response. I would like to say that we are very open to any suggestions. We track all issues closely, but sometimes we lack time to fix it right in the moment, however we do our best to eliminate all issues as far as possible. Another cause of delays is something cannot be fixed without breaking changes and we are thinking about the best way to make it.

As for roadmap, now we are working on stabilization primarily. Another planned feature is Office 2007 themes and guideline (documentation) for anyone who wants your own theme. We should add a more detailed roadmap (somewhere on the home page).

As for issue #17587, we will try to check this tomorrow. Yes, if you can create something like patch you may send it me with description to davinci {at} mail.ru and we will find the way to inject this for sure. You may also try codeplex’s patch uploading service (to be honest I haven’t tried it yet).

Daniel

May 19, 2010 at 3:52 PM
Edited May 19, 2010 at 4:01 PM

Wooo hooo! What a nice run you've done with fixing bugs and improving the Ribbon. Thank you, guys!

We were able to fully integrate the Ribbon in our app. Well, we dreamed for a long time to replace that (crappy) MS Ribbon with something better. I hope we'll have a better story with this one. Although, we still have few minor issues at the moment, but overall impressions are very good.

Keep up a good job!