Integration with Prism

May 19, 2010 at 11:34 AM

Do you have any plans to play nicely with a Prism application?

Matt

May 19, 2010 at 2:59 PM
Edited May 19, 2010 at 3:01 PM

What's your experience integrating FluentRibbon with Prism?

For us it is working. We still have few issues, the code has few workarounds to get it functioning as we like, but overall - it works.

In our case the Ribbon is the region, we're adding RibbonTabItem to it. You have to provide a custom region (ours is based on SingleActiveRegion) and an adapter for it.

Coordinator
May 28, 2010 at 4:46 AM

Hi, Varely. Could you make a simplified sample of Prism + Fluent?
Please, contact with me davinci (at) mail.ru

Daniel

May 31, 2010 at 2:15 PM

I would also be interested in an example for this please. The suite looks brilliant, and we would like to use it.

Jun 1, 2010 at 1:05 PM

These workarounds would be of interest for me, too.

(I try to use the suite with region adapters and no error is thrown with the new fluent version (1.3). TabItem appears in the ribbon's region but no GroupBoxes are shown in the TabItem's region...)

Jun 2, 2010 at 7:32 AM
Edited Jun 2, 2010 at 8:05 AM

Me too..

Having similar problems to...
I guess it has something todo with the Themes?
I dynamically load tabs and groups in the ribbon and the groups are working as long as I (again) use the theme dictionary in their resources...

If I use the theme dictionary of every RibbonGroupbox again the buttons are showing.. but thats an ungly workaround...

A fix would be really nice...

thank you
ernii

Jun 3, 2010 at 8:34 PM

Sorry guys, for this very problem we don't have any workarounds :(

But for us it works partially, because sometimes the content of the "main" area gets refreshed by background services and this makes ribbon to redraw/refresh itself and finally it's shown properly...

There is a work item for it: 17890. If somebody has a small project that reproduces the problem I think it can help authors fix the issue - please attach it to work item.

As for other issues we had - they've got fixed I think.

Jun 15, 2010 at 7:49 PM

Hello

Finally, I've managed to put together a simple application that shows how to use Fluent Ribbon and Prism. The application declares the Ribbon as IRegion and is adding RibbonTabItems to in loosely coupled manner, via IRegionManager.

See details here: http://blog.caraulean.com/2010/06/14/fluent-ribbon-and-prism/

Comments/contributions/ideas are welcome...