I have a problem with ContextualGroups

Jul 7, 2010 at 7:07 AM
Edited Jul 7, 2010 at 7:15 AM

I have in my code :

<Fluent:Ribbon.ContextualGroups>
                <Fluent:RibbonContextualTabGroup Header="Reportes" Visibility="Visible" x:Name="toolsGroupReportes" Background="Green" BorderBrush="Green" />
                <Fluent:RibbonContextualTabGroup Header="Procesos" Visibility="Visible" x:Name="toolsGroupProcesos" Background="Blue" BorderBrush="Blue" />
            </Fluent:Ribbon.ContextualGroups>

And

<Fluent:RibbonTabItem Header="Procesos" Group="{Binding ElementName=toolsGroupProcesos, Mode=OneWay}" >

<Fluent:RibbonTabItem Header="Reportes" Group="{Binding ElementName=toolsGroupReportes, Mode=OneWay}">

I think it's Ok but when I use the application, the ContextualGroups doesn't work well. The TabItem has a perfect background (Green and Blue) but I can't see de Header of the ContextualTabGroup. I don't know how to fix it. Somebody can help me with this problem, please ?? 

I need that both ContextualGroups show their Header ("Reportes" y "Procesos") correctly. Thanks a lot

Coordinator
Jul 7, 2010 at 7:23 AM

Could you send me a screenshot? (davinci at mail.ru)
Daniel

Jul 8, 2010 at 3:48 AM

Hi Daniel

I send the screenshot to your mail davinci@mail.ru , I hope that you can help me

Thanks

Jan 24, 2011 at 5:53 PM

I'm experiencing the same behaviour.

When more than one contextual group is actively displayed, the groups headers are not being drawn.

Does anyone know of a way to resolve this issue?

Jan 26, 2011 at 2:34 AM

Hi dromanchuk

The solution was to put in the same order the ContextualGroups and RibbonTabItem

<Fluent:Ribbon.ContextualGroups>--declaration

<Fluent:RibbonContextualTabGroup Header="Reportes" Visibility="Visible" x:Name="toolsGroupReportes" Background="Green" BorderBrush="Green" />
                <Fluent:RibbonContextualTabGroup Header="Procesos" Visibility="Visible" x:Name="toolsGroupProcesos" Background="Blue" BorderBrush="Blue" />
            </Fluent:Ribbon.ContextualGroups>

--------uses

<Fluent:RibbonTabItem Header="Reportes" Group="{Binding ElementName=toolsGroupReportes, Mode=OneWay}">

<Fluent:RibbonTabItem Header="Procesos" Group="{Binding ElementName=toolsGroupProcesos, Mode=OneWay}" >

My problem was I use "RibbonTabItem" in diferent order. It is a bug but you have a little solution ;)

Atte

GUSTAVO YAURI

Jan 26, 2011 at 10:14 PM

Thanks for letting me know Gustavo.

I'll see if I can levrage that knowledge to get things drawing as expected, however, I don't have fine-grained control of the ordering of the declarations. My application is injecting Group's and TabItem's into the Ribbon at Runtime, using a modular framework with Prism's RegionManager. The injection is working fine other than this Contextual Header drawing issue.

I've logged a Work Item on the issue hoping it can get addressed: http://fluent.codeplex.com/workitem/19821