Status of V2

Aug 20, 2010 at 5:51 PM

Is there an anticipated release date for v2?  Thanks Kristi

Aug 22, 2010 at 3:13 PM

I'm too interested in any information about next releases & planned features...

And, to be honest, the issues list is looking a bit scary...

Thanks

Aug 25, 2010 at 2:29 AM

I think we would all appreciate an update on V2. Is it coming, or has it been cancelled?

Coordinator
Aug 25, 2010 at 6:46 AM

Yes, it is coming.

Aug 26, 2010 at 4:55 AM

daVinci - thanks :) Any rough delivery date.. September? October?

Aug 26, 2010 at 1:27 PM

I don't know why the hurry to get v2

v1.3 is working very well so far...

Aug 30, 2010 at 9:04 AM
Edited Aug 30, 2010 at 9:11 AM

Because there are so many bugs in v1.3 that hopefully will get fixed in v2. We seem to find them much faster than daVinci and SableRaven can fix them. (Thanks a lot for trying though!)

A large reason to use this library over alternatives was the consistently rapid rate of development. (Bi-)monthly releases helped a lot to make this project appear serious and dependable. Now the last release is over three months old. :(

I think this project needs more contributors, at least it should try to accept and encourage patches from bug reporters. Now I admit I have not even tried to fix any bugs myself. I'm reluctant to do so, fearing it might be a waste of time. For example the big code redesign for v2 seems to happen mostly behind closed doors, and appears to make any patches against the publicly available code obsolete.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Aug 30, 2010 at 9:44 AM

No, rumzeus, you're quite reasonable. I'm too have a bit of worry about implications of using FluentRibbon in our projects.

I think project leaders can state that they will accept patches and people that want and can contribute will pop out patches and new features.

Sep 5, 2010 at 11:42 PM

I asked this question in August, because we have finished development of our application with the FluentRibbon v1.3 and are waiting for the V2 release in order to be able to sell and deploy our application.  Unfortunately we are reluctant to sell and deploy until the release of V2 in which items like ComboBox keyboard focus issue, backstage issues, oncoercestyle issues and GetUserStoreForDomain items are slated to be fixed.  Again, I would ask the project leaders for a release date for V2 so we may advise our customers and plan for final release testing and deployment.  While the FluentRibbon is a good control, the ability to do a live desktop deployment at this point is uncertain due to outstanding issues.  We need to move forward with software sales - to that end, we hope we have not made a poor decision to implement the FluentRibbon within our application. 

Sep 13, 2010 at 3:23 AM

No checkins since 1st September - ie 2 weeks ago.. i am worried that we are relying on a component that is no longer being actively developed.

davinci and team - your component is great and we want to keep using it - but please, please give a firmer estimate of when v2 will be available?

 

Coordinator
Sep 13, 2010 at 2:38 PM

Sorry guys and thank you for your attention.  We plan to make pre-release of v2 in two weeks (September, 25-27).

Daniel

Sep 14, 2010 at 7:24 AM

Thanks Daniel!