is it possible to dynamically spawn a 2nd toolbar row?

Sep 2, 2010 at 9:29 AM

all the ui i saw, is 1 single toobar (1 big row).

is it possible when i selecting a specific type object, a new 2nd toolbar (2nd big row) will pop below the 1st toolbar?

its something like contextual tab, but instead structuting as tab item, its a 2nd toolbar

Sep 2, 2010 at 2:57 PM
Edited Sep 3, 2010 at 12:59 AM

I don't think what you are looking for is allowed as part of the ribbon interface (according to MS) so I wouldn't expect to find support for it in this control.

That being said however, you can leverage much of the ribbon's components by themselves and create the control yourself using the following example:

<StackPanel DockPanel.Dock="Top" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" Orientation="Horizontal" Height="85" >
            <Fluent:RibbonGroupBox Header="Controls" >
                <Fluent:SplitButton Text="My Button" IsOpen="False" 
                                Icon="/Resources/Images/Icons/Button1.ico" 
                                LargeIcon="/Resources/Images/Icons/Button1.ico" 
                                Size="Large" >
            <Fluent:MenuItem Text="Sub Button1" Click="Button1_Click" Icon="/Resources/Images/16x16/B1.png" />
            <Fluent:MenuItem Text="Sub Button2" Click="Button2_Click" Icon="/Resources/Images/16x16/B2.png" />
            <Fluent:MenuItem Text="Sub Button3" Click="Button3_Click" Icon="/Resources/Images/16x16/B3.png" />
            <Fluent:MenuItem Text="Sub Button4" Click="Button4_Click" Icon="/Resources/Images/16x16/B4.png" />
                </Fluent:SplitButton>
        </Fluent:RibbonGroupBox>