This project is read-only.

WindowsFormsHost flickering on resize

Sep 21, 2010 at 1:19 PM
Edited Sep 21, 2010 at 5:38 PM

Hi,

I've added WindowsFormsHost into the fluent window. Unfortunatelly when resizing the window (or maximising it) I've got ugly flicker. Also when switching to backstage I can see black area.

I'm using the DockPanel with FluentRibbon docked at TOP, and FILL LAST CHILD for the WindowsFormHost. Inside the WindowsFormHost is the System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.I think it may be the WPF and WindowsFormsHost problem, but when using Fluent it's becoming really noticable. Wonder if that is known issue, and if there is any workaround. Any help appreciated. Thanks

Krzysztof

Sep 22, 2010 at 3:46 PM

We also have this problem and have confirmed that the flicker issue is amplified when using Fluent.  We have tried a variety of mitigation techniques to reduce the flicker, but have been unsuccessful.  In a prior discussion (http://fluent.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=217785) we asked for Fluent to support the Standard Window Types - particularly the Tool Window.  A Tool Window removes minimize/maximize button and would only shows the Close button.  This would be a work around for us, but not really a solution.  However, mimizing the OnPaint messages generated by Fluent would also reduce the WPF/WindowsFormsHost flicker problem.  This discussion should be moved to an Issue item if possible.  Kristi

Nov 2, 2010 at 7:48 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.