This project is read-only.

Image Issues

Sep 27, 2010 at 5:40 PM

Hey guys,

Are there any known issues with images (png in my case) set to the icon property of a fluent control?  For example in a SplitButton the MenuItem where I've set an Icon property to a 16 x 16 PNG incorrectly resizes it to zoom in on a very small segment of it.  Another instance I have the Icon property of a Fluent Button that's part of the BackstageTabControl and the text renders just fine but the Icon however does not render at all.

In both of the above cases, these things all worked fine before going to version 2...anyone else get this?

Thanks,

Aj

Sep 27, 2010 at 5:44 PM
Edited Sep 27, 2010 at 5:52 PM

PS: This same issue occurs when I set an Icon property for Backstage as well...nothing appears even though it's a valid image file.  I also tested this with jpg files and yielded the same results.

Edit: It doesn't seem to work on the sample program included with Fluent either...I'll post this as a work item.

Thanks,
Aj

Oct 3, 2010 at 12:21 AM

Yep - I've always had this issue when using the control.

Oct 5, 2010 at 5:08 AM
Edited Oct 5, 2010 at 5:08 AM

Have you checked DPI of you images? 96dpi?
Create the issue & attach the image if DPI is fine.

Daniel

Oct 5, 2010 at 1:21 PM

I have the same issue with Backstage. Image is 96dpi, and worked fine in 1.3

You can use the Exit.png from the TestApp as a sample, since this also shows the problem.

Oct 5, 2010 at 5:21 PM

Daniel,

You can just use the FluentTest application for reference as the sample that comes with Fluent exhibits the same behavior as sited above, at least on my machine anyway (Vista Ultimate x64 running Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate).

Thanks

Aj