RibbonWindow Resize/Move Behavior - 2.0 Release

Nov 12, 2010 at 9:18 AM

Folks, congratulations that you kept your deadline to release 2.0.

I noticed that 2.0 still acts funny if you move the Window on your screen, I think you  need to look into the RibbonWindow once again:

If I take your sample app's (tested Foundation and Toolbars) move the window to the top of the screen to get it into auto resize mode and move the window back somewhere on the screen without resizing the following can happen:

a) the RibbonWindow copies some background stuff from underlaying window into it's own window. The RibbonWindow restores it's layout if you focus a different window and switch back to the RibbonWindow, looks to me like a refresh error.

b) the ribbonbar disappears, once the ribbonbar disappeared you don't get it back.

The background copy stuff behavior I noticed as well when I just take a stupid RibbonWindow without including any ribbonbar.

BTW - I use Win7 classic, Laptop with ATI Radeon X1600 graphics adapter. I provide these details since other people had similar issues which disappeared when they changed their hardware.

Hope that helps to repro the behavior.

Vdue

Nov 30, 2010 at 12:33 PM

a) the RibbonWindow copies some background stuff from underlaying window into it's own window. The RibbonWindow restores it's layout if you focus a different window and switch back to the RibbonWindow, looks to me like a refresh error.

I have the exact same problem under windows XP. When I just move the window over another window (eg: visual studio 2010). When I drag the window to a second screen or switch focus, the window refreshes and shows the right content again...

Coordinator
Dec 3, 2010 at 9:08 AM

That was fixed. Use the latest sources.

Aug 15, 2011 at 1:51 PM
daVinci wrote:

That was fixed. Use the latest sources.

We experience a similar issue when using an application with the RibbonWindow either on Remote Desktop or RemoteApp. We have removed the RibbonWindow in our app and replaced it with the standard WPF window - and the refresh issue disappeared.A similar issue appeared when the window was stared maximized. Sometimes the window did not refresh.

We experience these using the latest source.