Using Office 2010 ribbon images

Jan 18, 2011 at 10:46 AM

Can some1 please explain how can i use ribbon images from Office 2010?

I have downloaded the image gallery from "http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=2d3a18a2-2e75-4e43-8579-d543c19d0eed&displaylang=en".

It says: "When opened, this Word document adds two groups to the Office Backstage view with icon galleries of built-in icons available for reuse in your solutions.

Use these icons in your Ribbon solutions by specifying the imageMso value for your controls. For example, <button id="myButton" label="My save" imageMso="FileSave" /> creates a button with the Save icon."

How is this done?

Jan 18, 2011 at 11:01 PM

Those images can only be used within Office 2010 Solutions - like extensions for Outlook where you want to customise the Outlook ribbon.

If you want to use them within your own WPF program, you would have to extract the images somehow - but this is probably against the Office licensing terms.

Jan 19, 2011 at 6:38 AM

ah well, was worth asking. Since its all MS they could offer this icon pack for developers. It would do them no loss...

Jan 19, 2011 at 7:01 AM

I think you're getting a bit confused. This fluent control is not being developed by Microsoft. This group is independent.