Window.Hide does not hide it from Alt+Tab [WinXP]

Aug 11, 2011 at 6:41 AM

Hi,

I try to hide the ribbon window with "this.Hide()" (and WindowState.Minimized). With Win7 it is working as expected. However with WinXP it hides from the taskbar, but not from the task switcher (Alt+Tab).

Any ideas? A hint where to find something in the source is also really appreciated.

thank you,
marco

Aug 26, 2011 at 2:29 PM

Hello! Maybe slightly related: Whenever DWM compositing is switched off in Windows 7, the hidden window remains on the screen as a black artifact. (only RibbonWindow.Hide() called on an instance) Even the first RibbonWindow.Show behaves strange in non-glass themes; the window appears behind some other windows. From what I experienced, the whole issue seems to be related to some bug in WndProc handling, but I could not narrow down the bug further.

Aug 29, 2011 at 10:42 AM

Right after the 2.0 release, this bug was fixed: http://fluent.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/changes/55270#Fluent%2fFluent%2fRibbonWindow.cs

We experienced other issues with recent fixes, so we just applied this single fix (commenting out 2 lines in WM_WINDOWPOSCHANGED handling) to the 2.0 release source code. The black artifact does not show up anymore, and the window also disappears from taskbar and task switcher (Alt+TAB).