Error in current build of May, 3rd

May 10, 2012 at 7:18 AM

Hi,

every time when I use the build of May, 3rd, I got, when I open an almost empty, just new created or an already existing one with some code in it, XAML file the following error message (own trans from German):

Line number "879" and column "8" of "The given value for "System.Windows.Markup.StaticResourceHolder" leads to an exeption."

German:

Zeilennummer "879" und Zeilenposition "8" von "Die Angabe eines Werts für "System.Windows.Markup.StaticResourceHolder" führte zu einer Ausnahme."

When I change to a build of January, 15th, it works without problems. It is significant that the current debug DLL has about the double size of the old one.

I took a look with ILSpy on it and the call can't be a direct one therefore I do not know from where it comes. And it is not found directly in the Fluent source code. :-(

Hinting greetings

Reiner

May 10, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Hi,

the only change I made was adding a new line to the Generic.txt

Best thing is you locate the file and delete the line "Office2010\Controls\ApplicationMenuItem.xaml"

and rebuild the project. If it works, thats strange, because it solves another issue

Greets from Germany

Igor

Jun 18, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Hi,

I tried now the current build 6ac3199408ac but got the same error message. The problem is that I don't know where the error occures definitely. Because the XAML file where this error according to the error message shall occur has not so much lines. Therefore it must be from an underlaying source.

Sighing greetings

Reiner

Jun 18, 2012 at 6:49 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.