This project is read-only.

ItemsSsource for RibbonTabItem??

Jan 28, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Hello All,

I want to use ItemsSource for Ribbon Tabs  to generate Tabs from viewmodels instead of hardcoding them in .xaml .

How can i achieve this..I didnt find any way...

Thanks in Advance

Jan 29, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Hi, as far as I remember, the databinding on the ribbon control is broken. The bindings are lost after minimizing/maximising.

Jan 29, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Thanks for reply.

Are you saying that binding from code behind is not possible and What exactly you mean by BROKEN...

Feb 23, 2013 at 12:04 AM
There is nothing broken.
This library is, as often said before, not really MVVM compatible. That's the reason why binding the tabs from viewmodels is not working.
Have a look at http://fluent.codeplex.com/discussions/402035 .
May 3, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Hi,

I just finished a SharpDevelop project template for a PRISM Application that ueses Fluent. It's fully MVVM and uses RegionManagers in order to dynamically compose the RibbonTabs and BackstageItems from Modules using View-Injection. It works brilliant, so far. There's just one snag: Once the Ribbon is minimized all Bindings are lost ... :-( ... This also happens when a double-click on a tab is done. To work around this problem I decieded to deactivate Minimize/Maximize but this can only be done in the code. So here is a work-around request: Could you provide a way to deactivate the Minimize/Maximize functionality by setting a Property? But the best way would be to get this problem fixed ;-)

If you need, I can provide you with a working PRISM Quickstart/Scaffoling you can test with.

Regards,

M.
May 18, 2013 at 2:56 PM
I would be very nice to get a working repro, as i never noticed binding losses so far.
Jun 14, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Here you are: http://sdrv.ms/144QImP It should also compile using VS 2010. I used the latest Fluent.Ribbon NuGet Package as of Version 2.0.2 Sorry for the delay.
Jul 21, 2013 at 2:49 PM
I think i found the bug.
Will have to do some more testing to find the optimal solution.
Jul 21, 2013 at 6:28 PM
Hi, this is very good news. Thank you very much!
Jul 21, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Jul 22, 2013 at 7:29 AM
Hi, this is even better news. I'll give it a try - asap! Will there be a new prerelease version available from NuGet based on this version?
Aug 13, 2013 at 7:48 PM
Hello batzen,

I compiled the current version of the sources against dotNet 4.0 and replaced the old Fluent.dlls with the newly compiled one. One thing that is missing is the "SizeDefinition" Property for the Buttons where is it gone? Is there any substitute?

Regards,

M.
Aug 13, 2013 at 8:50 PM
I'm not able to publish new versions via nuget.

The Size and SizeDefinition properties were moved to RibbonAttachedProperties with https://fluent.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/3572af781b96
The changes are described in the commit log message.
Aug 14, 2013 at 4:38 PM
After changing "SizeDefinition" to "rbn:RibbonAttachedProperties.RibbonSizeDefinition" and including the Themes correctly in App.xaml all issues seem solved. Now waiting for the next preview to come on NuGet ;-) ... But until then I'll use a self-made NuGet-Package using the current sources.

Thank you very much and keep up the brilliant work!