no ribbon button icon

Feb 21, 2014 at 1:09 PM
Edited Feb 21, 2014 at 1:21 PM
Hello,

I have something very strange (possibly very silly on my part)

I am simply trying to attach an image to ribbon button. The image doesn't show up. I am using the nuget version of Fluent Ribbon which i think fully supports icons for buttons. I double checked the path. To make sure path correct, i have put another Image next to button which shows correctly, proving the path is right.

Please help because without icons the whole ribbon is becoming a deal breaker which is otherwise a very elegant and useful thing. I am sure something is wrong on my part but just can't figure it out.

It DOES work with LargeIcon. But when i use the same path for Icon, no ico/png files show up. Does the Icon property require image to be a particular dimension/dpi?

Please help if you can.

Uploading image fails so i have uploaded it else and here is the link
Feb 21, 2014 at 1:30 PM
Edited Feb 21, 2014 at 5:10 PM
OK, sorted this out but.....now i think i have a real problem. I am using PRISM so my RibbonTabItems are defined in different project(class library) and the main Ribbon is in main window project(wpf application). So now at runtime, these tabs come and join in the ribbon but my path mapping goes for a toss.

Please advise on how the path should be if e.g. I have two projects, one with ribbon and other with ribbon tabs. I want to have a Images folder and all images under these folder but all this to be under the project where my ribbontabs are defined, not in main project. But looks like the path is always mapped from the main project where Ribbon is defined. Any way to map the LargeIcon path to where my images are actually present?

thank you.
Feb 21, 2014 at 10:25 PM
Found it!

Had to use "pack://application:,,,/[namespace];component/[subfolder]/Images/open.png" syntax

Cheers
Marked as answer by vmehta108 on 2/21/2014 at 3:25 PM