Black App Window after using compiled DLL

Apr 8, 2014 at 11:01 PM
Hey guys,

I have a problem, when I download the source code, compile, and copy the dll's to my folder where my project is referencing, my apps turn black at run time, no menu, nothing. If I copy the pre-compiled version back, every thing works ok, other than the backstage window just shows the little blue whisp with white background in the corner then the rest of the backstage is transparent.

I'm compiling under .net 4.5.1, I also tried just 4.5 same results.
Developer
Apr 10, 2014 at 2:00 PM
You will have to adjust your style references.
In your App.xaml (or whereever you reference the fluent styles) you have to write:
<ResourceDictionary Source="/Fluent;Component/Themes/Generic.xaml" />                
<ResourceDictionary Source="/Fluent;Component/Themes/Office2010/Silver.xaml" />
Apr 10, 2014 at 3:15 PM
Oh Crap! that was an easy fix. Is this something that has changed since the last binary release?? I thought that Generic.xaml was getting compiled into the other themes. OR have I just had it wrong the whole time?
Developer
Apr 10, 2014 at 5:01 PM

You are right. It has changed with: http://fluent.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/3572af781b96

The comment for that commit describes the reasons for the change.

Von: cweidner [email removed]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 10. April 2014 17:15
An: [email removed]
Betreff: Re: Black App Window after using compiled DLL [fluent:541655]

Oh Crap! that was an easy fix. Is this something that has changed since the last binary release?? I thought that Generic.xaml was getting compiled into the other themes. OR have I just had it wrong the whole time?

Marked as answer by batzen on 6/27/2014 at 7:04 AM
Apr 10, 2014 at 5:20 PM
HAh! I guess I didn't go far enough back on the comments to see that one. Thanks again for the point in the right direction!

This is my first major project with the library, its been a little rough getting stuff working but, all in all, I think everyone who's contributed on this is doing a great job!

Casey