DropDownButton in Toolbar to achieve Office user login look-alike

May 28, 2014 at 11:45 AM
Edited May 28, 2014 at 11:46 AM
Greetings,

I'm trying to recreate the Office top right corner user login/account settings.

First thing i thought was to use a DropDownButton with a Grid/StackPanel inside. It works fairly good but i still have a few things to sort out.

• I can't make the DropDownButton to display the Header text. Seems to be expecting only an image
  • I can't make the Text underlined on MouseOver to recreate an Hyperlink, i can only find Bold and Italic
  • I can't find a MouseClick event, only a MouseDoubleClick event
  • For some weird reason my Seperator has a huge margin on the left side
  • I don't know how to call the File Backstage in a specific Menu, just like Office does
Any help would be very appreciate.

Thanks in advanced.
Developer
Jun 26, 2014 at 8:13 PM
To solve your Icon only problem, use Fluent:RibbonAttachedProperties.RibbonSize="Middle".

To solve all other problems, you will have to override the styles for the controls with problems in the content of your dropdownbutton.
I think the easiest way to override those would be to create a new UserControl and add the styles and content there.

To open the backstage you would have to find the ribbon first, then get it's menu property, cast that to backstage and modify the IsOpen property.

I would also be interested in such a control.
Would you like to share it, so we can include it as an optional part in the library?
Jul 4, 2014 at 10:08 AM
Thanks batzen

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately i don't believe i will be able to override the controls by myself but i'll certainly going to try it...

I'll update on this thread on any progress.

Cheers