This project is read-only.

Big Problems with VS 2010 RTM

Apr 28, 2010 at 4:14 PM

I started working with VS 2100 RTM Prof. on Windows 7.

Unfortunately I'm having trouble as soon as I include Fluent Ribbon's theme in App.xaml. The WPF editor does not work properly any more. The Properties window does not show the properties of the selected controls (whether it from ribbon or not). Sometimes selecting controls with the mouse doesn't work at all.

You can reproduce this by opening the Fluent.sln in VS2010 RTM and open TestWindow.xaml. You should recognize that the properies dialog of the WPF editor does not show content.

I have another application where this odd behaviour also is in other xaml windows, even if they don't have controls from the ribbon library. As soon as I comment out the Theme from App.xaml, these windows behave fine.

Sometimes (but not always) an exception "Unable to cast object of type 'Microsoft.Expression.DesignModel.DocumentModel.DocumentCompositeNode' to type 'System.Windows.ResourceDictionary'" is thrown in the designer.

I searched for the above exception and found this:
http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/498844/wpf-designer-throws-invalidcastexception

Basically some MS guy answered this: "The issue appears to be with referencing an external resource dictionary from within a ControlTemplate. Unfortunately, this specific issue will not be fixed in the next release of Visual Studio.
As a workaround, you should be able to reference the dictionary before the template and not from within it. This should give you the desired result."

Thanks for any help,

Achim

Apr 30, 2010 at 9:51 AM

Likely that issue was fixed. You can try to download the latest sources & build.

Daniel