This project is read-only.

After VS2008 to VS2010 update: Cannot work with WPF editor

Apr 29, 2010 at 6:32 PM

Hi !

I have a WPF application with the Fluent ribbon. After I ported from Visual Studio 2008 to 2010 (final) I'm having trouble with the WPF editor. Sometimes the ribbon becomes visible but I cannot select anything in the WPF windows (in design mode), sometimes an exception is reported when I try to load the window WPF editor. The exception is something like "Unable to cast object" from DocumentCompositeNode to ResourceDictionary.

Yes, I changed from fluent.net 3.5 to 4.0 and I also changed my project target to .NET 4.0

Currently my work is stopped!

Any help is highly appreciated!!!

Karlo

Apr 29, 2010 at 7:41 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Apr 29, 2010 at 7:48 PM

Our fault, we write XAML in XML editor and do not see what is happening in the editor. This editor is changed heavily in VS2010. We will investigate this issue.
I know that is not a workaround, but can you try to use Blend instead of [damned]Cider editor?

Daniel

Apr 29, 2010 at 7:59 PM

Hello Daniel,

I can try to use Blend but I usuall do everything with VS so that would really be no good workaround:(

I let you know tomorrow.

I just saw another discussion titled "Big Problems with VS 2010 RTM" on this list. Did you read it? Sounds pretty much like the same problem!

Thanks!

Karlo

Apr 30, 2010 at 8:47 AM

Hi Daniel,

today I tried to open the project with Expression Blend 4 RC. This seems to work ok. One problem is that clicking on RibbonTabItems in the designer does not switch between the tabs. But that might be another issue.

I again tried some things under VS2010 RTM (clean + rebuild etc.). Does yet not work there.

Please let us know if there is any workaround.

Thanks for your help.

Karlo

Apr 30, 2010 at 8:51 AM
Edited Apr 30, 2010 at 8:52 AM

That issue was fixed. You can try to download the latest sources & build.

Daniel

Apr 30, 2010 at 10:24 AM

Seems to work!

Thanks

Karlo