This project is read-only.

InRibbonGallery with Width based on ItemsInRow and ItemWidth

Jun 10, 2010 at 5:46 PM

Hi, I'm trying to use the InRibbonGallery with a default width based on items width and ItemsInRow

By default, InRibbonGallery will be collapsed according to the Items number.

E.g:

1 Item, gallery's size of 1 item
3 Items, gallery's size of 3 items
4 Items, gallery's size of 3 items plus menu gallery

What I need is: a gallery that has the size of 3 items even with only 1 item added.

I tried playing with the properties, but was not possible to achieve this result.

This is the current behavior for 1 item: screenshot

This is the desired behavior for 1 item in a gallery of 3 items in row: screenshot

Is this behavior possible with the current properties?

Thanks.

Jun 15, 2010 at 3:57 PM

Hello, Almondega!

I have just checked how it works in Microsoft Office 2010 and it removes whitespace in InRibbonGallery as Fluent does. Are you sure that you want such behavior? Anyway, do you have any thoughts or suggestions what kind of properties can solve your problems?

Daniel

Jun 15, 2010 at 5:16 PM
Edited Jun 15, 2010 at 5:17 PM
Hi daVinci I reordered the control in my ribbon, now the gallery is at the last position, allowing "inifite" horizontal expand without changing others controls position. The problem I saw was: Buttons + Gallery + Buttons, then the gallery expanding moved the buttons of the right as well... "scaring" the user. Using the gallery at the most right position doesn't seem to be a problem. But, if implementing this is easy, I guess that could have a property like "IsFixedSize", then the gallery width is based on MinItemsInRow and ItemWidth as I said. Thanks.