Window resize behavior not like usual window

Nov 23, 2010 at 8:42 PM
Edited Nov 23, 2010 at 9:21 PM

Hi all,

the window resize behavior seems to be wrong (tested with FluentTest application).

If you use a non maximized window and you try to resize the window by using the right or bottom window border,  the window can't be resized (also no resize mouse cursor available).

If you use the left or top window border you can resize the window.

Also you can see ugly refresh problems on the right and bottom window areas if you resize the window.

Cheers

Kurt 

Coordinator
Nov 24, 2010 at 7:53 AM

Hello, Kurt.

We cant reproduce what you are talking about. 
As for ugly refresh problems, that is common issue of WPF rendering.

Daniel 

Nov 25, 2010 at 7:41 PM
Edited Nov 25, 2010 at 7:47 PM

Hi Daniel,

thanks for your answer.

To verify the behavior you need to click:

- Control Panel -> "Appearance and Personalization" -> "Adjust screen resolution"

- Smaller - 100% (default setting) - > No problems with fluent ribbon (as you mentioned), this keeps text and other items at normal size

- Medium - 125% -> bottom and right window borders will not resize anymore from fluent ribbon (the problem I mentioned), you often need to activate to get better font   size for readability

Cheers

Kurt

Nov 25, 2010 at 8:14 PM

Hello Daniel and Kurt

in addition to the described behavior - that I can reproduce on Win 7 and XP with High DPI settings - I discovered the following (only with high DPI settings):

The Ribbon tabs are hard to click. When moving the mouse over the tabs often the visual feedback is missing and I cannot activate a tab by clicking it. Only some very small spots can be used to activate the tab. The same is with the three buttons in the right top corner (minimize, maximize, close).

I just migrated two applications from v1.3 to 2.0 mainly because of bugs with high DPI settings. The v1.3 was ugly on high DPI but working, but v2.0 is not usable at all.

--Benjamin

Coordinator
Nov 26, 2010 at 4:35 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Nov 26, 2010 at 8:25 AM

The problems except "The Ribbon tabs are hard to click" has been fixed.
The last one we couldn't reproduce.

Daniel