This project is read-only.

Separator in ApplicationMenu

Dec 11, 2010 at 10:53 PM

Hi!

How do I add a separator in the ApplicationMenu? <Separator /> does not work.

Thanks

Jus

Dec 12, 2010 at 1:08 PM
Edited Dec 12, 2010 at 1:14 PM

There are a few ways you could do this, first you didn't say whether you were using a static menu or generating a dynamic one. If you are using a static menu you could always use BorderThickness = "0,1,0,0" to draw a line on top of the first item under the new category, similarly BorderThickness="0,0,0,1" would draw a line under thew last item in the previous category.

In the case of a dynamic menu, you could add either of those in an empty <MenuItem BorderThickness="0,0,0,1" /> after your <MenuItem Text="{Binding Whatever}" /> statement .

Hope this helps!

Dec 13, 2010 at 8:55 PM

Hi,

yes I could do it this way, but I think it does not look like the separators in the Microsoft Application Menu (see e.g. WordPad in Windows 7). A support for "<separator />" is more intuitive and could implement the MS look & feel.

Thanks.

Jus

Dec 14, 2010 at 5:52 AM

This worked fine for me using version 56048.

<Fluent:MenuItem Name="buttonRemoveWatermark" Header="Remove Watermark" Icon="Images\removeWatermark16.png" IsEnabled="True" Click="btnRemoveWatermark_Click"/>
<Separator/>
<Fluent:MenuItem Name="test" Header ="This is a test" />
Dec 14, 2010 at 8:26 PM

I have tried the latest version (56048) and it does not work.

Have you tried it inside an ApplicationMenu?

Dec 17, 2010 at 6:33 PM

Just tried it inside of an ApplicationMenu app, You are correct I could not get it to display a line either but I could get a separator. I noticed in Microsoft's ribbon control they have <ribbon:RibbonApplicationMenuItem> and  <ribbon:RibbonSeparator>