Fluent:StatusBar

Jan 29, 2011 at 8:44 PM

Hi,

Please create a sample showing the flexibility of the Fluent:StatusBar. What I trying to is use a slider to create ZoomIn/ZoomOut capability for my app, but I can can get nothing to display in the statusbar.

Thanks, for a brilliant control.

Jan 30, 2011 at 3:33 PM

This what I use:

<Fluent:StatusBar Grid.Row="2" VerticalAlignment="Bottom" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" Background="{DynamicResource CaptionButtonHoverInnerBackgroundBrush}" Style="{DynamicResource StatusBarStyle1}">
                <Fluent:StatusBarItem Name="Status" Value="150" HorizontalAlignment="Left">
                    <TextBlock VerticalAlignment="Center" Height = "Auto" Foreground="#FF9585b9" Name="txtStatus" Text="Ready" ToolTip="{Binding  RelativeSource={RelativeSource Self}, Path=Text, Mode=TwoWay}"/>
                </Fluent:StatusBarItem>

<Fluent:StatusBarItem Title="Zoom Slider" HorizontalAlignment="Right">
                    <Fluent:StatusBarItem Title="Date" HorizontalAlignment="Left">
                        <TextBlock VerticalAlignment="Center" Height = "Auto" Foreground="#FF9585b9" Name="lblDate" Text="{Binding Source={x:Static System:DateTime.Today}, StringFormat='{}{0:dddd, MMMM dd, yyyy}'}" />
                    <!--<Slider x:Name="zoomSlider" Minimum="20" Maximum="500" IsDirectionReversed="False" Style="{DynamicResource ZoomSliderStyle}" Value="100"/>-->
            </Fluent:StatusBar>

Hope this helps.

Jan 31, 2011 at 11:36 AM

Hi, Thanks

I was using a DockPanel  with "LastChildFill = True on the DockPanel, and on the StatusBar <Fluent:StatusBar DockPanel.Dock=Bottom...".

Strange its works now if I now use a grid, I using the lastest drop of the codebase.

Sk8tz

Feb 16, 2011 at 10:50 PM

Hi,

I followed the example Adam gave above, but had no luck.

I am using a grid with three rows, Grid.Row = 0 for the ribbon, Grid.Row=1 for document panes, and Grid.Row=2 for a status bar.

The Grid is simple and defined as:

<Grid x:Name

="layoutGrid" >

<Grid.RowDefinitions

>

<RowDefinition Height

="Auto" />

<RowDefinition Height

="*" />

<RowDefinition Height

="22" />

</Grid.RowDefinitions

>

So something very similar to the code Adam suggested is within Grid.Row = 3.  I any case, the TextBlock never appears, although a grey

statusbar (I think) appears, but nothing within that container!  Can you give a more complete, Suite 2.0, example of the statusbar, statusbarpanel,

statusbaritem, and texblock showing how they fit into a grid along with a ribbon and all within a ribbonwindow.

Really, what would be great is if someone made the "Showcase" xaml and code-behind available for download.  It is the only example I could find,

other than this discussion thread, of a Fluent Ribbon Control Suite statusbar being used.  If I could get one llike that to work with a TextBlock included,

then I'd be very happy.

Thanks.

Feb 18, 2011 at 12:38 AM
LToscano wrote:

Really, what would be great is if someone made the "Showcase" xaml and code-behind available for download.  It is the only example I could find,

other than this discussion thread, of a Fluent Ribbon Control Suite statusbar being used.  If I could get one llike that to work with a TextBlock included,

then I'd be very happy.

This is available if you download the source code (not the main download, which just contains binaries).

On this codeplex page, click Source Code, then underneath "Latest Version" click Download.  Unzip the file and then open the Visual Studio solution.  The Showcase app is contained in the FluentTest project.

It is very handy to figure out the right XAML to get things to work, especially for the Backstage view!

Feb 18, 2011 at 7:53 AM

Hi,

I did manage to get my StatusBar working, once I used a grid control much of the actual displaying hung around styling and templating to work properly.  You can get that from the samples but I do agree that more samples

are needed, for example I'm stuck with a scenario where I want to dynamically build up the tabs with its items in code depending on the users profile that logs onto my system, and it crashes when I new up the TabItem.

So now I hack it around by just building up the whole ribbon in xaml and then hiding invalid items based on a user profile a very common scenario. Also I wish a more complex example on using mvvm, if possible with the mvvmlight framework.

Abyway below is my status bar code working, note do not use a container control like a StackPanel or Border, just put the status bar into the grid position.

<Fluent:StatusBar Grid.Row="2" VerticalAlignment="Bottom" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch">
            <Fluent:StatusBarItem HorizontalAlignment="Left" Value="150" >
                <TextBlock Text="Item 1"  Margin="1" Width="187.63"  />
            <Separator />
            <Fluent:StatusBarItem  HorizontalAlignment="Right" >
                <Slider Width="150" Style="{StaticResource ZoomSliderStyle}" Value="50" Margin="1"  />
        </Fluent:StatusBar>

Last comment to take nothing away this Fluent Ribbon control, it produces a breathing beautiful UI Ribbon look, so we can do is

maybe we can create a discussion to suggest new samples on v2, and see what happens. Ultimately this control

is community driven so everyone should share some codebase usage  back into the discussions.