COuld you make one to run with WinForms?

Apr 22, 2011 at 7:00 PM

Could you please make the same thing for Visual Basic to go with WInForms?

Thanks in advance!

Apr 23, 2011 at 1:00 PM

You can use this with VB and host it in Win Forms just as it is.

I could not imagine the developers wanting to develop backwards in time!

There are also many Ribbons out there for WinForms all ready so If its what your really after I suggest you do a Google Search :-) 

Best Regards

Apr 23, 2011 at 2:28 PM

However Winforms have got a few advantages, like Mono - it works on Linux and Mac OS. But it doesn't support mono :<

Apr 24, 2011 at 12:28 AM

There are over 30 WinForm Ribbon Provider's out there and i am sure that developing a WinForms Control is out of the scope for this project. Why don't you download the WinForm Ribbon from Microsoft?

After-all this project is just the WPF version of the WinForms Fluent Ribbon!!!

Apr 25, 2011 at 12:00 PM

how do you run this in winforms?

I am a noobie and this is all I and my friends know anything about.

Apr 25, 2011 at 12:17 PM

If you are a newbie then perhaps learning WPF would be more beneficial if you want to use this ribbon otherwise I would suggest using a WinForms version of the Ribbon as allready suggested.

To use this in WinForms is possible but strongly not recommended unless you are integrating into an already heavily developed WinForms Application that you are migrating to WPF step by step.

Here is some info to help you get started but a Google Search will answer most questions you need answered. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms742215.aspx The link contains a walk through from creating the project to a working WinForms application hosting a WPF Composite Control.

Again there really is no point in hosting a WPF Control in a new WinForms App. affectively you will be reliant on WPF anyway and if bandysc is correct WPF wont work on Linux and Mac if that is your target!

If this WPF Control is all you know then stick to WPF unless you have good reason not too :-)

Best Regards

Apr 29, 2011 at 2:48 AM

there's quite a few for windows form, like: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/toolbars/WinFormsRibbon.aspx