This project is read-only.

MenuItem.StaysOpenOnClick

Jul 5, 2011 at 9:32 PM

Is it me, or is this property not being respected by the Fluent MenuItems?

I've setup a Fluent:SplitButton with a dropdown of Fluent MenuItems which have are setup to enable the checkboxes (IsCheckable=True) as well as StaysOpenOnClick.

I expected a user to be able to check one item, and then check another without having to re-open the menu item; however this is not the case. Each time an item is checked/unchecked, the popup closes?

I'm just wondering if I'm not setting the correct properties, or my expectations are incorrect?

BTW - In the mean time, I've overridden the 'OnClick' method of the MenuItem to check for the StaysOpenOnClick property, and only raises the dismiss popup event if the property is false.

Mar 13, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Same problem over here. Is this a known bug which will be addressed in the near future?

Jul 30, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Hello !

I have a similar problem here : I have a Fluent:MenuItem in a Fluent:DropDownButton, which contains Multiple Checkboxes. Till one of the latest version (one or two weeks ago), it was working fine, but I have updated sources, and now it closes on every click (can't check multiple checkbox without reopening the menu ... annoying)

I've tried the StaysOpenOnClick property, but it changes nothing.

Is there something I misunderstood with this property ? :S

Jul 30, 2012 at 2:42 PM

In DropdownButton, I've commented line 422 :

if (currentFocus == null
    || ItemsControlFromItemContainer(currentFocus) != this)
{
     //this.IsDropDownOpen = false;
}

This fix my problem... but what is broken now ? :D