Change RibbonTabItem Header Theme Colour

Aug 8, 2012 at 5:01 AM

I am currently using Office2010Black Theme and its great except ONE thing, the Header font colour of the RibbonTabItem is black and it is very hard to see when tab is focused and not focused.

I looked into where this color is coming from and I think I found the file, "Themes/Ofice2010/Black.xaml".

I have looked at this 7000+ line file and changed things I thought were right but so far I have been able to change every color BUT the header.

Can I change this colour without changing the theme?
If I must change the theme, what specifically do I need to change? 

Thank You

Sep 26, 2012 at 2:47 PM

I don't know if it's too late to respond (I just started using it the other day, and it doesn't tell me the year of your response). 

Look at RibbonTabItem.xaml in the Office 2010 Controls folder.  You'll find the following label.  If you change its foreground, you'll change the ribbon tab item header theme color. 

<Label x:Name="contentPresenter" Foreground="White" AutomationProperties.Name="{TemplateBinding Header}" AutomationProperties.AutomationId="{TemplateBinding Name}" Content="{TemplateBinding Header}" Margin="0, -3, 0,0" HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Center" Height="Auto"/>

It's actually extremely simple to customize this thing once you know how it works. Email me if you have any questions

Note that if you want to really make the thing work like it's supposed to, you'll probably do something like BorderBrush="{DynamicResource ButtonHoverInnerBorderBrush}" for the foreground with the foreground brush. 

--Daniel Joseph Calvanese

Daniel.Calvanese@Outlook.com