Cannot add regions to RibbonTabItem to inject a RibbonGroupBox

Oct 15, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Hi,
I have just swtiched to using the Fluent ribbon from using the .net Ribbon.

It is working fine. .net 4.0, WPF/Prism/MEF.

I have created a RegionAdapater and can inject new views (which are type RibbonTabItem) into the Ribbon control.

When I try to add a region name definition to a RibbonTabItem (to be able to inject a view which is type RibbonGroupBox) my region manager cannot find the region name, thus view injection isn't possible.

I was able to inject Groups into the .net 4.0 Ribbon TabItems before so I know this isn't a problem with my use of regions or my region managers.

I've read up on other discussions that indicate there are issues adding a region name to the RibbonTabItem, but they are about 2 years old.

I'm wondering if this is supported now or not?

Example of region names:

Works
      <ribbon:Ribbon x:Name="Ribbon" IsTabStop="False" DockPanel.Dock="Top" VerticalAlignment="Top" Height="Auto" Visibility="{Binding RibbonControlVisibility}"
                     prism:RegionManager.RegionName="{x:Static framework:RegionNames.RibbonTabControl}" 
                     Margin="0,-20,0,0">
Does not work
<ribbon:RibbonTabItem x:Name="HomeTab" IsTabStop="False" Header="Home" prism:RegionManager.RegionName="{x:Static framework:RegionNames.RibbonHomeTab}" ribbon:KeyTip.Keys ="H">