This project is read-only.

Black glass issue on windows 8.1 while maximum the window

Jan 3, 2014 at 7:54 AM
In Windows 8.1 , Maximum the RibbonWindow use "drag to top "
in 100% possibility ,you will see a black glass ribbion background.
Jan 3, 2014 at 10:15 AM
Jan 3, 2014 at 4:45 PM
I check this bug on my home PC. It can not reproduce. But in my office , it still occurred. I will check if i miss some m$'s update.
Jan 6, 2014 at 1:56 AM
HI, I checked on my computer in my office witch has installed all updates. And it still can be reproduced. Seems it only occurs in multiple-display mode.
Jan 13, 2014 at 8:45 PM
I have two monitors at home and at work. At home i can't reproduce the issue. At work i can. Even though both machines have all windows updates installed. Will try to investigate this issue at work.
Mar 26, 2014 at 4:42 PM
I can duplicate this by creating a window that span across two monitors while not maximized.

One of my monitor is vertical and the other one is horizontal. It only happens if the newly created window is not 100% within the display area of both monitors.

I am using Windows 7.
May 20, 2014 at 1:05 PM
Any update on this subject?

I just found out Fluent yesterday and started messing around with it but found this bug that really makes hard to deploy a live application without the ability to minimize, maximize etc.

http://imgur.com/B8b1s3w

Maybe i'm missing something simple?
May 20, 2014 at 5:44 PM
That's not the same problem. You need to specify a theme for your app.

Try putting this in your App.xaml file.

<Application.Resources>
    <ResourceDictionary>
        <ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries>
            <ResourceDictionary Source="/Fluent;Component/Themes/Generic.xaml" />
            <ResourceDictionary Source="/Fluent;Component/Themes/Office2010/Blue.xaml" />
        </ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries>
    </ResourceDictionary>
</Application.Resources>
May 20, 2014 at 5:50 PM
Edited May 20, 2014 at 5:50 PM
I know mate and i do have that.
<ResourceDictionary Source="pack://application:,,,/Fluent;Component/Themes/Generic.xaml" />
<!--<ResourceDictionary Source="pack://application:,,,/Fluent;Component/Themes/Metro/White.xaml" />-->
<ResourceDictionary Source="pack://application:,,,/Fluent;Component/Themes/Office2010/Silver.xaml" />
Tried with or without the Metro theme. Please noticed that when one doesn't have a theme - or just the Generic.xaml for that matters - all window is black, not just the maximized title bar.
May 20, 2014 at 6:44 PM
Edited May 20, 2014 at 6:46 PM
Ok after a full day trying to understand whats happening i think it's time for me to admit the defeat and formally request for help. I will, however, share my findings.

Using Fluent Ribbon Control Suite 2.1.0 - Prerelease i i've noticed that when maximizing a window the "glass bar" would become black and therefor hiding the Minimize/Maximize/Close buttons. This happens only if the window is maximized by the user. If i set the WindowState to Maximized it works ok (until the user minimize/maximize the window again)

This can be seen here

However i noticed that Fluent Test works fine

Another difference i've noticed is the color scheme: my window glass bar is green (i suppose it will read from the windows settings since my taskbar is also the default green color) and the Fluent Test glass bar is white, just how i wanted it to be. that made me think that, since i'm using a beta product, it could be something related to the Theme so i downloaded the last commit ( commit 041a958b93bb, abr 14, 2014 ) files and used that Theme folder instead but same issue.

From there i've started reading the Fluent Test files and noticed a few differences:

Instead of

Main.xaml
<Fluent:RibbonWindow>...</Fluent:RibbonWindow>
Main.xaml.cs
using System;
using System.ComponentModel;
using System.Diagnostics;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using System.Threading;
using System.Windows;
using System.Windows.Controls;
using System.Windows.Input;
using System.Windows.Media;
using System.Windows.Threading;
using Fluent;

namespace WpfApplication2
{
    /// <summary>
    /// Interaction logic for Main.xaml
    /// </summary>
    public partial class Main : RibbonWindow  
    {
        public Main()
        {
            this.InitializeComponent();
        }
    }
}
Fluent Test uses

MetroStyle.xaml
<Fluent:MetroWindow>...</Fluent:MetroWindow>
MainMetroStylexaml.cs
namespace FluentTest
{
    /// <summary>
    /// Interaktionslogik für MetroStyle.xaml
    /// </summary>
    public partial class MetroStyle
    {
        public MetroStyle()
        {
            this.InitializeComponent();
        }
    }
}
Also noted the addition of
Style="{DynamicResource MetroWindowStyle}"
ShowIconOnTitleBar="True"
From there it was clear some significant changes have been made since the last build. So i build the solution and referenced the new Fluent.dll instead. Changed the XAML code accordingly and read it a dozen times to make sure no typos or similar where present. I've built my application, fully confidante that my issue was solved just to be disappointed...this time i got a huge black window, just like if i had no Theme even though i referenced it in my App.xaml
<ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries>
                <!--Attach Default Fluent Control's Theme-->
                <ResourceDictionary Source="pack://application:,,,/Fluent;Component/Themes/Generic.xaml" />
                <ResourceDictionary Source="pack://application:,,,/Fluent;Component/Themes/Metro/White.xaml" />
                <ResourceDictionary Source="/Resources/Icons.xaml" />
            </ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries>
I'm referencing the NuGet package Themes while using a different dll so i didn't complain that does make sense. I've copied the Themes folder from the source code, pasted it in my project, changed the Resources to my local files and crossed my finger while compiling my application...

This time i stumble upon 129 Errors...come'on!

By then i was running out of ideas...i tried adding the Fluent project to my solution instead of referencing the dll but no luck. That's it, i don't know what else to do instead of praying for a developer with some spare time to read this...

I'm no expert and my knowledge of WPF is limited - 2 days experience lol - but i've done all i could to solve it on my own. Hopefully some one else can help me as i can't do it by myself...
May 21, 2014 at 11:04 AM
Edited May 21, 2014 at 11:12 AM
New update:

I was able to finally compile my project. I tried with fix-build branch as of commit 62cacc7a00b7, Mai 11, 2013 and it worked...

No why would a version with over a year work and not the more recent one?

Cheers

EDIT: Ok just to make sure i've deleted everything, downloaded the default branch and did everything again...and now i worked O_O
May 21, 2014 at 8:25 PM
It now worked because the first error which occured was in your Main.xaml which is not part of the fluent library.

The problems you noticed (glass issues) are known, but no one was able to fix them.
The Test application uses the Office 2013 (Metro) theme. As the Office 2013 theme does not make use of any glass features and just sets the window style to None it's not affected by those glass issues.
I tried to fix the glass issues a few times but gave up and just switched to the Office 2013 theme.

To use the Office 2013 theme you have to change the base class of your main window from RibbonWindow to MetroWindow, include Themes/Generic.xaml and Themes/Metro/White.xaml and set the style of your window to MetroWindowStyle.
I currently have no clue, why one has to set the window style to MetroWindowStyle explicitly but i am working on it.
May 21, 2014 at 11:45 PM
Thank you batzen.

Your explanation does make sense. I wasn't aware of MetroWindow at first so my first try was with RibbonWindow and Themes/Metro/White.xaml. It did "worked" but there was that pesky glass bug.

Also Style="{DynamicResource MetroWindowStyle}" doesn't work with Fluent Ribbon Control Suite 2.1.0 - Prerelease i so i suppose that will came bundled in Prerelease h. I guess that, for now, the correct way of having a functional Office 2013 Metro Window working is by downloading and compile the most recent code.

Keep up with the good work mate. Awesome project!

PS: i understand that since we are talking about prereleases its normal for the documentation to be incomplete but maybe it would be benefit to point the addition of MetroWindow and Style="{DynamicResource MetroWindowStyle}"
Jun 28, 2014 at 10:06 AM
Edited Jun 28, 2014 at 10:06 AM
I currently have no clue, why one has to set the window style to MetroWindowStyle explicitly but i am working on it.
Fixed this issue.
Marked as answer by batzen on 6/28/2014 at 2:06 AM