This project is read-only.

How to add to project?

Jun 10, 2014 at 5:52 PM
I am trying to add/install Fluent to my wpf project. I installed NuGet and was able to install the Fluent package, but when I do what the walkthrough pdf instructs me to do, it gives me the error:
"The type or namespace name 'RibbonWindow' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)"
This leads me to believe that there is an extra step involved. Any tips?
Jun 11, 2014 at 8:36 AM
Which version of the NuGet-Package did you install?
The newest Version is a PreRelease-Package. Check you NuGet-Manager if you see PreRelease-Packages. If not make them visible and install the latest update and try again!
Jun 11, 2014 at 6:06 PM
I made sure that I used the prerelease i version. Should I be using a different version? Also, I tried viewing the source code for the demo in visual studio, and it returned the same errors. :/
Jun 12, 2014 at 8:51 AM
Prerelease I is OK!
I'll have a look at this problem later today and tell you if I can find anything.
Jun 14, 2014 at 5:32 PM
I just had a look at the sample projects. I'm not able to reproduce your problem. Would it be possible to get your project in which you have the problems?
Jun 14, 2014 at 8:20 PM
When I tried out the samples, I just extracted them from the .zip and opened the .sln in visual studio 2013. I made no changes to the code, I just hit the run button. The precompiled .exe that was included runs fine on my computer, but whilst running in visual studio, it errors and doesn't recognize RibbonWindow.

To be honest, I think it might be something with my environment setup. I had similar errors when trying Microsoft's built-in ribbon bar: when I would add images to buttons it wouldn't return an error in code, but when I tried to build the project, it wouldn't compile and returned errors on all the lines where I had images. I have fallen back on using winforms and the "Office Ribbon Project" instead of WPF. I haven't had any problems using the two together. I was trying WPF because of all of the extra features (ie: backstage, xaml), but seeing as though I wasn't able to utilize Fluent or the built-in ribbon in WPF, I believe that I will stick with winforms for now.
Jun 15, 2014 at 1:53 PM
Please send me your project with the errors.
I want to find out if there is a problem with VisualStudio 2013. If I can run your code I assume that it is a problem with VisualStudio 2013. If anyone else could try the example code in VisualStudio 2013 it would also be a good hint
Jun 15, 2014 at 7:26 PM
You can download the project here:
https://www.mediafire.com/?71oxvlwu4p97i4d
All I did was open it from the samples folder in Visual Studio 2013.
Jul 23, 2014 at 10:19 PM
The samples are more than outdated.
I totally forgot about them because they are not part of the source.
We will have to update them prior to releasing a new stable version and updating the documentation....
Sep 20, 2014 at 12:15 PM
Samples are tracked here now: https://fluent.codeplex.com/workitem/22470
Marked as answer by batzen on 9/20/2014 at 4:15 AM