RibbonWindow stops rendering after its been maximized with dialog window open

Aug 9, 2014 at 6:44 PM
Edited Aug 10, 2014 at 4:48 PM
Hey Guys,

I recently started developing an application and decided to use Office Ribbons in it to give it a more modern look. However, I just came across an issue which I can not seem to fix myself by digging throughout the Fluent source code.

The following happens:
At start up, everything works perfectly fine. Once the user minimizes/maximizes the RibbonWindow, everything still seems to be fine but once I open another window as a Dialog window (a.k.a. with ShowDialog()), the parent window stops rendering and turns all black. The bug does not fix itself by maximizing/minimizing the window again, though it simply redraws the window and it looks fine again until another dialog window shows up and it starts all over again.

Some screenshots for clarification:

1: Taken right after the application started (without minimizing or maximizing the window to fire the window's state change)

http://puu.sh/aLt1F/94ec2b6979.jpg

2: Taken after the application fired a window's state change. This occures even after I restore the window to its original size/position.

http://puu.sh/aLt2K/e7280b60d3.jpg

I'm using the latest source code available, not the pre-compiled library.

Both the Fluent library and my project are set to compile in .NET 4.5 (Same bug occurs with 4.0)

Anyone knows a workaround for this or even a fix? Or perhaps I'm just doing something wrong..

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Edit 1: I just found out that my problem occurs only on my machine. I've tested my program on 5 different machines, including mine, and on all of them but mine the program works as it's supposed to. So I'm coming to the conclusion that this isn't really a bug within the Fluent library itself but probably OS related?! Not sure at all since that's the first time I'm coming across such problem. Does anyone know a bit more about this perhaps?
Developer
Aug 31, 2014 at 12:45 PM
Do you have all Windows updates installed?
Do you have the latest graphics card drivers installed?