Faulty white margin on the right and left of the window body

Oct 17, 2014 at 8:34 AM
Edited Oct 17, 2014 at 8:47 AM
Hello,

Issue #22509 'Large margin appears around maximized window for hidden taskbar' which was present in commit 00324b132e7e, appears to be fixed in commit b11e9fe7dec6, as for the Fluent Test program that has tab controls under the ribbon.

In our solution (Office2013 style) however, the body of the window under the ribbon is filled with WindowsFormsHost controls hosting ActiveX components.
For some reason the right and left white margin of issue #22509 are still visible, covering the components for the same amount of space. This time the Windows taskbar is not even hidden.
See:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wpqj6mzhvpl6ey2/LeftRightMargin.png?dl=0

Note that these are not margins in the real sense of the word, but they overlay the controls.

These white borders were not there before commit b11e9fe7dec6.
Do you have any idea what the cause could be?

Thanks a many!
Developer
Oct 18, 2014 at 9:26 AM
Could you send me a small repro?
I guess it's because i had to use the glass border to avoid nasty rendering issues with maximized windows.
Oct 21, 2014 at 3:05 PM
I don't succeed to reproduce it other than with the particular ActiveX components that we use.
Would you mind a download and installation of 30 MB (that can easily be wiped afterwards of course) ? This would install the ActiveX's.
In that case I can send you a stripped down solution hosting the ribbon and the ActiveX's, showing the aforementioned white borders.
Developer
Oct 21, 2014 at 4:38 PM
30 MB = 1.5 seconds download time.
Just send me a link and i will see what i can find out.
Oct 23, 2014 at 10:10 AM
See my PM to you.
Thx
Developer
Oct 23, 2014 at 7:46 PM
To be honest, i don't want to communicate via PM's in this way.
Please post everything that might help to document/reproduce issues here at codeplex.
The only exception would be that the links/information you sent me cause licensing or information disclosure issues for you.

Anyway, i will have a look at the things you sent me next weekend.
Oct 24, 2014 at 7:30 AM
Yes, I understand.
The only exception would be that the links/information you sent me cause licensing or information disclosure issues for you.
That is indeed the case, even if the code was completely stripped down, and ugly orange was inserted.

Anyway, many thanks again.
Developer
Oct 25, 2014 at 12:33 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Marked as answer by batzen on 10/25/2014 at 5:36 AM