This project is read-only.

Black window after updating to 3.0.0.0

Oct 20, 2014 at 12:38 PM
I already had the relevant resources in my xaml, i.e.
    <ResourceDictionary Source="/Fluent;Component/Themes/Generic.xaml" />
    <ResourceDictionary Source="/Fluent;Component/Themes/Office2010/Silver.xaml" />
My application worked fine with 2.1.0, but I'm now getting a black window after updating to v3.0.0.0. Any ideas?
Oct 20, 2014 at 1:00 PM
Any errors or warnings in the output window?
Oct 20, 2014 at 1:10 PM
Edited Oct 20, 2014 at 1:13 PM
Only these, not sure if relevant to the problem?

System.Windows.Data Warning: 4 : Cannot find source for binding with reference 'RelativeSource FindAncestor, AncestorType='Fluent.RibbonTabControl', AncestorLevel='1''. BindingExpression:Path=IsMinimized; DataItem=null; target element is 'RibbonTabItem' (Name=''); target property is 'IsMinimized' (type 'Boolean')
System.Windows.Data Warning: 4 : Cannot find source for binding with reference 'RelativeSource FindAncestor, AncestorType='Fluent.RibbonTabControl', AncestorLevel='1''. BindingExpression:Path=IsDropDownOpen; DataItem=null; target element is 'RibbonTabItem' (Name=''); target property is 'IsOpen' (type 'Boolean')
Oct 20, 2014 at 1:32 PM
Update: I've found that I can get it working by moving the above <ResourceDictionary> lines into App.xaml. Previously they were in the view's XAML, which worked fine with v2.1.0. What's changed in v3 to cause this behaviour?
Oct 20, 2014 at 4:56 PM
I got the same problem. Change my ResourceDictionary with
<ResourceDictionary Source="pack://application:,,,/Fluent;Component/Themes/Generic.xaml" />
and it works...
Before i got
<ResourceDictionary Source="/Fluent;Component/Themes/Office2010/Silver.xaml" /
Oct 20, 2014 at 5:47 PM
I just tried to reproduce your issue in the showcase application but had no success.
You simply have to use:
    <Fluent:RibbonWindow.Resources>
        <ResourceDictionary>
            <ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries>
                <ResourceDictionary Source="pack://application:,,,/Fluent;Component/Themes/Generic.xaml" />
            </ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries>
        </ResourceDictionary>
    </Fluent:RibbonWindow.Resources>
or
    <Application.Resources>
        <ResourceDictionary>
            <ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries>
            </ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries>
        </ResourceDictionary>
    </Application.Resources>
Oct 20, 2014 at 6:07 PM
The Generic Theme works perfectly, the issue is with Office2010 theme or any other. Thx
Oct 20, 2014 at 6:25 PM
The generic theme is the Office 2010 theme.
Oct 20, 2014 at 6:29 PM
Edited Oct 20, 2014 at 6:30 PM
To clarify this a bit:
Themes\Generic.xaml = Office 2010 silver (this has to be used no matter which office 2010 color you want to have)
To get a different color than silver always include Themes\Generic.xaml first and after that you include Themes\Office2010\Black.xaml
This behavior was change to improve the performance when switching themes (Silver.xaml, Black.xaml etc. just include different colors now) and resource consumption.

If you want to use the Office 2013 style just include
Themes\Office2013\Generic.xaml and nothing else.
Marked as answer by batzen on 10/23/2014 at 12:48 PM
Oct 20, 2014 at 7:30 PM
Added an explanation for this to the changelog.
Marked as answer by batzen on 10/23/2014 at 12:48 PM