This project is read-only.

Issues

Feb 10, 2010 at 3:28 AM
Edited Feb 10, 2010 at 3:29 AM

Lovely control, looking forward to v1!

Just some issues I've encountered:

Can't use in XP (no glass extension).  Would it be possible to do a custom window like Office 2007 does in XP?  (I don't use XP anymore, but many do)
Clicking anything in Backstage (including tabs) closes Backstage.

Also,
The font comboboxes keep open after selecting something
Combobox in group C plays up
The split-button named 'Split' has some issues
When sent to the bottom, the QAT obscures stuff instead of shifting it down (hides the scroll up button of the scrollbar)

With the QAT, selecting 2 or 3 crashed the app.  Might you want to think about providing PDB files? (I managed to trigger a debug: value cannot be null - 'key')

Otherwise, it looks fantastic!  Hoping your roadmap will keep true to form, because I can't wait!  =D

Feb 10, 2010 at 4:49 AM

Hello,

This control degrades elegantly under XP (or Vista/7 with Aero Basic) - it looks as good as Office 2007.

If you're after PDBs - you can download the complete source code from this link and compile yourself.

http://fluent.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets

Happy tinkering with the source :-)

-Mike-

Feb 10, 2010 at 7:51 AM

Well, I'll try it at school again and see what the XAML parse error was...  It only happened on the school computers though, not my win 7 laptop.  Thanks for the reply mate, apart from the minor issues, this is a serious case of win.  DEFINITELY better than the official Microsoft one.

Feb 10, 2010 at 9:13 AM
Edited Feb 10, 2010 at 9:16 AM

Thanks. It is nice to hear this.

> Would it be possible to do a custom window like Office 2007 does in XP?
It changes window's style automatically when desktop composition (DWM) is unavailable, as mskinner said. (This style exactly as Office 2010 is)

> Clicking anything in Backstage (including tabs) closes Backstage
Fixed

> The font comboboxes keep open after selecting something
Yes. We are working now under such issues. I believe this will be fixed in BETA2. Since Fluent Ribbon Control Suite has custom ContextMenu and Popup we experience unusual problems such this. Therefore our custom ContextMenu and Popup doesn't block moving/closing/resizing the window when it is open as original WPF and other Ribbon controls do.

> The split-button named 'Split' has some issues
Style problems. Will be fixed soon

> With the QAT, selecting 2 or 3 crashed the app
This is demo app propblem (actually target control was removed from the test window, sorry)

Thank you for the feedback!
Daniel

Feb 10, 2010 at 9:49 AM

Hmm, the backstage fixes didn't show up in the latest build...  Oh well, I'll just try and hang on til beta 2!  =D

Feb 10, 2010 at 12:54 PM

dawmail333, it was uncommitted and now available in ChangeSet #46420

Feb 10, 2010 at 1:03 PM

Great, the backstage fixes work as intended.  All the context-menu related ones work too, except...  you can't click any of the items the first time you show a particular context menu, including the QAT.  (which still has the dud buttons =P)  So yeah, fixes work as intended, minus the context menu bug.  I'm hoping that's something simple, for your sake...  =(

Feb 10, 2010 at 1:04 PM

Oh, and ComboBox in Group C still plays up.  I could only get item 2 to do anything, and the results weren't as expected.

Feb 10, 2010 at 1:06 PM

Oh, impressive stuff with the 'Add to QAT', but if you use it inside a gallery, it uses the item you pick.  Is this intended?  Should galleries support this feature?

Feb 18, 2010 at 10:20 AM

Yes, when you click inside gallery you must see "Add Gallery to Quick Access Toolbar" (if the item haven't it's own context menu). In case of InRibbonGallery you must see "Add to Quick Access Toolbar". You can reproduce it in the Microsoft Word 2010, just open Font combobox and click item ,for example.
Thanks, Daniel