This is a great control - excellent work. I have some questions/issues that i'd like your help on please:
1. BackstageButton.cs - the line about OverrideMetaData in the INSTANCE constructor should be moved to the static constructor - otherwise if you show a window TWICE with a ribbon you get an exception.
2. Is it possible to completely remove the "backstage" tab? Whilst i undersatnd Microsoft's thoughts regarding the idea of this tab, i personally don't have a need for it in my application. I cannot seem to find a way to remove it by styling etc.
3. Using Microsoft's WPF Ribbon Preview controls, when you inherit from RibbonWindow, you get the "Office 2007" style themes - with the rounded top left button. How can i achieve this same look and feel with the Fluent controls?
4. When specifying an Icon/LargeIcon - if the image is large (say 100x100 pixels) it works fine in WPF Ribbon but not in yours - i had to resize to around 30x30 pixels. Perhaps the Fluent system could do this automatically?
5. When adding a caption to a fluent button like "Further Options" - this gets cut off. I had to do "Further&xa;Options" which is a bit of a pain
6. I want the Ribbon to appear "collapsed"/minimized by default when the app starts.. so i set "IsMinimized=false" in XAML (or C#) but neither worked. THe reason is that the RibbonTabControl "IsMinimized" property is defaulted
to false and does not read the Ribbon's property. I "Hacked" it by doing 2 things
a) In RibbonTabControl constructor, set IsMnimized = true (or in the dependency property default value)
b) In RibbonTabControl line 318 where it sets IsOpen=true, i had to prevent this happening if (!IsLoaded). Otherwise, whenever the ribbon was loading (startup) it would select/expand the first tab.
7. Last thing is more of a "feature request". I want the behaviour to be that when minimized, if the user wants to see the ribbon, they can just move their mouse over the ribbon and it appears (rather than single click). If they want to "dock
it" then they should do single-click, not double-click. I've hacked and played and got this "Partially" working. Any plans to have some support like this? It avoids an extra click and these days with fast data entry this is really what users
Thanks again for a great control and I look forward to the answers, AND to version 1 !